As an outdoor enthusiast and wheelchair user, I come across various issues in access to the countryside and towns as well as rural villages,
Through the Norwich Access Group and Norfolk Trails, I get involved in helping to improve and advice in making the countryside easier to access.
If you are planning a new business and would like assistance in making your venue/service more accessible, please get in touch
“Access to Services
It is unlawful for service providers to treat you less favourably because of your disability. A service provider must make ‘reasonable adjustments’ for you, such as giving you extra help or changing the way they provide their services.
A service includes:
· going to a restaurant
· going shopping for clothes or food
· using the local library
· going to church or visiting your solicitor or doctor.
Equality Act 2010”
Groups and Positions
- Norwich Access Group – Co Chair/Secretary
- Norwich Independent Living Group – Chair
- Equal Lives – Trustee
- Making it Real – Member
- Norfolk Rail Access Group – Chair
- Norfolk Disability Pride Organising committee – Chair
- Direct Payment Support Services – Member